A Love Note for Mom!
There are biological mothers, adopted mothers and mother like figures; and there is one day that the world pauses to honor these extraordinary women and say thank you for all they have done and continue to do for us.
It is a day to honor those maternal bonds and to highlight the roles these women play in shaping our society. It is a day to celebrate all your mom’s wonderful qualities. A mother is the queen of the family and the most important person in anyone’s life, so treating her on her special day is equally important.
Maybe five course dinners or a spa day may not be possible, but no matter what you do, mom will enjoy and appreciate it…. it is the thought that counts! So to ensure you don’t break the bank, here are some tips to make this Mother’s Day special and one mom will never forget!
- Instead of taking mom to dinner, why not take her to lunch or brunch at her favourite restaurant and then make a day of it together sightseeing… there are number of attractions you can visit.
- If a full day at the spa or beauty salon is not an option, why not purchase a gift certificate for mom to enjoy a manicure, pedicure, facial or even a massage…. she deserves to be pampered!
- Visit a local florist to buy mom flowers or a lovely fruit or gift basket. Or personalize it by purchasing loose flowers and making an arrangement yourself. If someone in your family has a green thumb, why not bring the family together and plant mom a beautiful garden or revitalize her existing one… it is the perfect time of the year for her to enjoy plants and flowers in full bloom. You can get all your garden and lawn equipment and supplies from one of the many stores specializing in this area or one of the garden centres.
- If you can afford it, consider taking mom on a staycation at one of the hotels or resorts, or purchase a day pass for you and mom to enjoy the amenities of the hotel at a fraction of the cost!
- How about hosting a Mother’s Day Party – bring family and friends together to celebrate all the mothers in your family. You can hire a caterer or be adventurous and undertake the menu preparation on your own. Check out the supermarkets and grocers for all the items you will need.
- Perhaps you are good with computers. If so, you can create a calendar for mom with family photos and important dates like birthdays and anniversaries and then take it a printer to give it that professional touch.
- As we get older our memories start to fade, a good way to remind mom of those significant events in her life would be to have old photographs restored and create an album or photo book that she can show off to friends.
- Also remember to pick up a special greeting card from a book store or stationery store… look for one that speaks from the heart and shows mom just how much you love her!
Whether you do something for your mom or buy something for her, remember to let her know how loved and cherished she is and be sure to give her a big hug and a special kiss!